Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Full-time, Stockholm Sweden
Are you an expert buyer, fishing for a job that makes a true impact in the world? Then we got a catch for you! Hooked is an impact startup developing plant-based seafood to lead the transition to a healthier seafood ecosystem. We are now looking for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist who will have a key role in improving Hooked’s expertise about market trends of raw materials and technologies.
About the Role
As Strategic Sourcing Specialist you will work closely with our Head of Supply & Production, Product Development team and other colleagues at Hooked. However your main focus will be towards our suppliers and partners to ensure we are well aware of the market situation and positioned for cost efficient implementation of new products and technologies to our portfolio.
Your main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Tender preparation, administration and analysis for co-manufacturing, warehousing, distribution and raw materials.
- Research and prospecting of future suppliers and technologies with ambition to extend our product range.
- Negotiating with raw material and other suppliers.
- Improving our awareness of the market's situation and trends.
- Building an information depository in terms of cost of services, products and technologies.
Who you are
To be a good fit for the position, you have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a buyer, preferably in the food industry dealing with raw materials and production services.
- An analytical mindset
- Experience from negotiating with suppliers
- Experience from running and administrating the tender/buying process
- Been a part of a startup journey before - not a requirement but highly meritorious
To succeed in the role, a core part of your personality is to challenge the conventional way of thinking and dare to make bold decisions with short notice. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a lot of uncertainties. To us, personality and a good cultural fit are as important as hard skills. As a key member of the Hooked-crew it’s therefore important that you truly believe in Hooked’s mission and feel excited to actively live our brand! Check our values here and see if these resonate with you: https://rb.gy/mculh0
Why you should join us
We offer you the unique opportunity to use your skills to make a true impact, as healthy sustainable seafood alternatives are needed more urgently than ever. You will work in an inspiring fast-paced environment together with other ambitious and purpose-driven people. We will entrust you with 100% ownership and to be a core part of making Hooked the biggest plant-based seafood company out there. As a part of the Hooked-team you’ll also be entitled to stock options in the company. If you like to challenge yourself and feel excited to join us on this journey, this is the position you are looking for.
Are you Hooked yet?
Would you like to get on-board the Hooked-ship and accelerate the new generation of seafood? Great, then send in your application no later than the 28th of November.
The recruitment process is ongoing and we will be interviewing candidates continuously, therefore the position might be filled before the last application date. So do not wait too long to apply!